Welcome to your new every-day flavour destination! Checking in at all of the milk and dairy alternative coffee highlights, the All Aboard espresso blend is set to become the new crowd favourite. Sourced with the same specialty ethos Five Senses delivers to its leading café customers, each origin in the All Aboard blend is roasted fresh to order, separately. Together, these specialty coffees combine to offer rich and satisfying flavours; chocolate, roasted nuts and praline that hit the mark in flat whites to piccolos, cappuccinos to macchiatos or however you enjoy your coffee!
Preparation for Perfection
In your hands is some delicious specialty coffee: now what? Follow these few simple steps to juice the most flavour from them and craft the coffee you’ll love.
- Keep it fresh: buy just as much coffee as you’ll brew up for a couple of weeks to make sure you’re starting with fresh produce. Keep airtight and store in a cool, dark spot.
- Grind it fresh: coffee stales rapidly once it’s ground so make sure you grind just what you’ll brew, right before you pop it through your espresso machine.
- Follow a recipe: a key to excellent espresso is achieving a good ratio between the amount of coffee you use to the volume of water you put through it, and how long that process takes. A good starting point is below.
- Milk magic: Always use fresh milk or alternatives and, to achieve a silky micro-foam, very slowly lower the jug as you steam to inject the smallest amount of air. Once finished steaming, always swirl the jug to incorporate the foamy top with the milk underneath before you pour.
The All Aboard blend is crafted to be a flavoursome, rich coffee, perfect for pairing with milk. Start with this recipe and you’ll be achieving deliciousness in no time.
- Basket size: 19-22g basket
- Dose (in): ground coffee in your basket: 22g
- Dose (out): the weight of your espresso extraction: 44g
- Time for extraction: 27-31 seconds
- Temp: 94°C
For more details on how to make great espresso at home, read here: How to make killer espresso at home.
Celebrating the people who farm and produce the coffee we all love is key to specialty coffee. The coffees which make up this super balanced blend have been sourced from Five Senses relationships spanning over a decade. Our skilful coffee team ensure the flavour of the All Aboard blend stays year-round delicious as fresh, seasonal crop coffees land into our roastery.
Currently the All Aboard blend contains:
- Santo Antonio from San Coffee, Minas Gerais, Brazil
- Attikan Hathi from Sangameshwar Estates, Karnataka, India
- Samambaia from San Coffee, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Impacting People Positively
Five Senses Coffee collaborates with our origin partners, our staff and our local communities to accomplish projects that make positive impacts in a diverse range of people’s lives. From partnering with like-minded BCorp certified coffee exporters and funding drinking water projects in Tanzania to providing coffee training for refugee and migrant youth and donations to fundraising fighting homelessness, we roll up our sleeves to lift others up.
Join the conversation
Simply fill out your details to get the latest coffee news direct from us.