The Clever Coffee Dripper was considered a pretty innovative product when it was first released in Australia some six months ago. Since then it has fast become the brewing method of choice for both cafes and home brewers wishing to explore the world of black coffee.
As the Australian distributor of these clever little brewers we thought we’d put together a bit of a guide to assist people in getting the best result in the cup.
Please remember, this is just a guide and the measurements listed will not suit every origin. Each coffee will require a different grind setting, water volume and temperature to bring out its optimum flavour. The coffee used in this video was a Colombian Monseratte and the steps below are a good starting point for great coffee exploration.
- Insert filter and rinse with hot water.
- Grind your coffee and savour the aromas.
- Add freshly ground coffee to filter (approx 23gms).
- Add 340ml of hot water — 96 degrees Celsius from an Uber boiler is ideal, but if you’re using a kettle go for 30 seconds off the boil.
- After about 30 seconds, use a spoon to gently submerge the grinds, which will have floated to the top.
- Let it steep for about 3 minutes — you might want to set a timer, eyeballing at this step does not seem to prove reliable.
- Sit the Clever Coffee Dripper on a carafe or flask and gently stir during extraction.
- Pour from carafe into glasses or cups.
- Enjoy the magic!