In fact, we’ve created a course especially for you — a course where you will have access to exactly the same training as baristas at some of Australia’s best cafes. We’ve designed this course specifically so that you can bring your own espresso gear with you, to help transfer your new-found coffee knowledge to your own set up.
Each of our Barista Academies is the physical realisation of Five Senses Coffee’s desire to help equip baristas with the tools and expertise to provide an excellent coffee experience! So this course offers you the opportunity to come and learn from the best and further your coffee making skills on the world’s finest machines. We’re talking equipment that even some pro baristas only dream of, such as the prodigious Synessos.
During the class you will explore -:
- Best practice espresso preparation: dosing, distribution, tamping and technical know-how.
- Milk preparation: milk steaming and pouring techniques for achieving great beverages at home.
- The standard espresso menu: we’ll teach you the range of beverages on an espresso menu and practice making them on your own equipment. What’s not to love?
So is it time to take your home coffee experience to the next level? For bookings, head to the Australian Barista Academy website: http://www.baristaacademy.com.au/courses. The course officially starts on Saturday 17 October.
Five Senses Home Barista Competition
In celebration of our new Home Barista course, we’re running a social media competition. To enter you can either 1) Post a pic of your own home barista set-up on social media (Twitter, Facebook or Instagram) and include the hashtag #5SensesHomeBaristaComp and tag in Five Senses. Or 2) Book yourself into a Home Barista Course during the competition period (before 15 Nov).
All entries will go into the draw to win the ultimate home barista accessory pack which includes:
- A Home Barista Course Voucher (valued at: $150)
- A six month subscription of your favourite Five Senses Coffee delivered to your door (valued at: $354)
- Acaia Pearl Black (valued at: $231)
- Acaia Lunar (yes that’s right, we’ve included a Lunar!!!!! Valued at $319)
- Pullman Tamper (valued at: $169.40)
- Cafelat Classic Knockbox (valued at: $108.90)
- Pallo Coffeetool (valued at: $22)
- Pallo GrinderMinder (valued at: $26.40)
- Incasa milk jugs – 1L, 600ml & 400ml (valued at: $44)
That’s a total prize value of: $1424.70
So what are you waiting for? Grab a pic of your home espresso set-up and get posting or book yourself into a course. Good luck!
Competition terms and conditions:
- Criteria for entry into this competition requires one of two options:
1) A social media post entry requires a personal post on your own social media account (Twitter, Facebook or Instagram) with a photo of your home barista set-up. The post must include a) A successful tag of Five Senses and b) the hashtag #5SensesHomeBaristaComp
2) A course booking entry requires booking a place in a Home Barista Course at one of our Australian Barista Academy prior to the competition closing.
- The competition period commences on 14 October, 2015 and closes at 11:59pm Sunday 15 November 2015.
- Entry is open to residents of Australia aged 18 and over only.
- Five Senses Coffee employees and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
- The winner will be randomly selected by a Five Senses staff member. The random selection will take place at the Five Senses premises 5/3 Arkwright Road, Rockingham, Western Australia on Monday 16 November 2015. The winners will be notified via the contact details provided in their entry.
- The competition promoter is Five Senses Coffee Pty Ltd (ABN 95 091 827 084) of 5/3 Arkwright Road, Rockingham, Western Australia. Any further questions can be made via phone: 08 9528 6200 or email: email@example.com.