Satisfaction is guaranteed with this single origin coffee from the world’s largest specialty coffee producer, Brazil! Sophisticated producers, the Brazilians run sprawling estates and use the latest technology to turn out coffee that’s enjoyed around the globe. Roasted fresh, this single origin is ultimately satisfying in milk but equally balanced by itself with classic flavours of toffee, choc fudge and raisins.
Preparation for Perfection
In your hands is some delicious specialty coffee: now what? Follow these few simple steps to juice the most flavour from them and craft the coffee you’ll love.
- Keep it fresh: buy just as much coffee as you’ll brew up for a couple of weeks to make sure you’re starting with fresh produce. Keep airtight and store in a cool, dark spot.
- Grind it fresh: coffee stales rapidly once it’s ground so make sure you grind just what you’ll brew, right before you pop it through your espresso machine.
- Follow a recipe: a key to excellent espresso is achieving a good ratio between the amount of coffee you use to the volume of water you put through it, and how long that process takes. A good starting point is below.
- Milk magic: Always use fresh milk or alternatives and, to achieve a silky micro-foam, very slowly lower the jug as you steam to inject the smallest amount of air. Once finished steaming, always swirl the jug to incorporate the foamy top with the milk underneath before you pour.
The Sightseer blend is crafted to be a flavoursome, rich coffee, perfect for pairing with milk. Start with this recipe and you’ll be achieving deliciousness in no time.
- Basket size: 19-22g basket
- Dose (in): ground coffee in your basket: 22g
- Dose (out): the weight of your espresso extraction: 44g
- Time for extraction: 27-31 seconds
- Temp: 94°C
For more details on how to make great espresso at home, read here: How to make killer espresso at home.
Celebrating the people who farm and produce the coffee we all love is key to specialty coffee. The coffee that makes up Sightseer is sourced with the same specialty coffee ethos Five Senses delivers to its leading café customers. The current harvest comes to us thanks to a decade long relationship with San Coffee co-operative. A certified BCorp, San Coffee not only grows consistently delicious coffee but also drives some amazing impact programs in education and the environment. Single origins are a seasonal product so make sure to enjoy it while it’s here!
Currently featuring in Sightseer:
- Santo Antonio from San Coffee, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
Impacting People Positively
Five Senses Coffee collaborates with our origin partners, our staff and our local communities to accomplish projects that make positive impacts in a diverse range of people’s lives. From partnering with BCorp certified coffee exporters and funding drinking water projects in Tanzania to providing coffee training for refugee and migrant youth and donations to fundraising fighting homelessness, we roll up our sleeves to lift others up.
Join the conversation
Simply fill out your details to get the latest coffee news direct from us.