Who we are
The personal information we collect and use
Information you provide voluntarily
Information we automatically collect
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
We do pass on your personal information to our email marketing automation platforms for the purpose of email marketing campaigns.
Five Senses Coffee and our email marketing automation platforms may obtain information about you or end-users from third parties, such as public databases, social media platforms, third party data providers and our marketing partners. Examples of the information we may receive from other sources include device information (e.g. IP address and browser), location, behavioural data and demographic information. We may use this information, alone or in combination with other information described above, to develop or provide more relevant customer experiences or tailored email campaigns.
Five Senses Coffee maintain presences on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Your interactions with these platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them. Anything you submit to Five Senses via a social media platform is done so at your own risk without any expectation of privacy.
How we use your personal information
- We may use the information to supply, improve and support the products and services we provide (this includes using the data you provide to use the Five Senses Coffee website and sharing this with our email marketing automation platform to improve the services that we provide);
- Send you information and promotional content (this may include sharing your information with our email marketing automation platform). You can amend your marketing preferences in our preference centre or stop receiving messages or emails by unsubscribing;
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Confirm your identity in using the Five Senses Coffee website;
- Perform the obligations under applicable law (e.g. to communicate with you and provide support);
- Protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorised or illegal activity;
- Fulfil requests that you may make;
- To process payments. Note that we use third-party payment gateway providers for secure credit card transaction processing, and we send billing information to those third parties to process your orders and credit card payments.
- Send notifications about the Five Senses Coffee website; and
- Bring or defend legal proceedings, meet legal requirements (e.g. complying with court orders, enforcement actions, or other legally valid mechanisms) or respond to lawful requests by public authorities or law enforcement requests;
In providing products and services to you, we will hold personal information for as long as we are providing you the products and services for or in order to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or prevent abuse. Otherwise, we only hold personal information for as long as is necessary.
In relation to Five Senses Coffee direct customers, the lawful basis for which we rely on to collect and process your data is with consent, as typically you would have signed up to use one of our many information or educational services, or to buy our products.
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit that data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
Keeping your personal information secure
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published on 25 May 2018. We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you via email.
Controlling your personal information and how to contact us
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- Clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any direct marketing email you might receive.