Hot weather and hot coffee don’t always mix, so rather than put your Clever Coffee Dripper (CCD) away till winter cometh try this simple, quick cold brew recipe.
- Take 40gr of filter coffee if your drinking it neat, or 50gr if you plan to pour on to ice
- Set your grinder to a standard CCD setting (close to if not a little coarser than a v60 pourover grind)
- Add 400gr of cold water — room temp is ok, unless your room temp is 80C as per Rosslyn St level
- Stir gently to wet all the coffee.
- Put a lid on it! And then place the cap on your CCD.
- Place in the fridge for 2.5hrs.
- Remove, drain and enjoy!
- If it’s bitter, go coarser or try a shorter time for your next brew, if it’s too acidic try a finer setting or longer time.