While I love baking all year round, wintertime is particularly suited to a warm oven and delicious aromas emanating from the kitchen. Especially when paired with freshly brewed coffee!
Our seasonal blend Wonderland is a delicious combination of rich chocolate liqueur, sticky toffee and brown spices and I knew it would go wonderfully with my gluten free Coffee Almond Biscuit recipe.
- 360g almond meal
- 225g caster sugar
- 3 egg whites, beaten
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla paste
- Double shot of Wonderland espresso (If you do not have an espresso machine, rest assured you can follow a recipe like this one)
- Whole almonds for garnish
- 1 ½ cups of icing sugar, sifted
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 shot Wonderland espresso
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line two large trays with baking paper/mat etc.
- Pour your prepared espresso into a large bowl.
- Fold in almond meal,, beaten egg white, vanilla, salt and sugar.
- Stir until a firm paste is formed.
- Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls (wet hands help here, prevents sticking).
- Place onto the trays about 3cm apart, flattening slightly.
- Bake for around 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool on tray.
To make the icing:
- Mix all ingredients together. Spread or pipe onto cooled cookies, placing a whole almond on top.
These biscuits are absolutely delicious. They are moist and delectable, however still manage to retain the right amount of lightness to them.
If you can make them and manage to only eat one, you are certainly doing better than me!
Grab a bag now before we say goodbye!