Fulltime | Melbourne VIC
Five Senses is looking for a marketing pro to join our business to use their mad skills to help build an impact-fueled specialty coffee community. We’re excited to meet our new teammate who’ll bring a deep-seated passion for understanding their audience, the craft of marketing and a love for great communication.
A little about ourselves…
Five Senses has been riding the specialty coffee wave since 2000; sourcing, roasting and delivering delicious, high quality beans to cafes and restaurants throughout Australia. We’ve focused on exceptional quality of coffee, top notch equipment and an overflow of coffee specialist knowledge through our training Academies and hospo-veteran account managers. While our operations has had a strong focus around being an exceptional supplier, at the heart of everything we do, we’re looking for opportunity to have a positive impact on all the people we come into contact with.
- Full time.
- Immediate start.
Based in Melbourne (will consider strong applicants in Sydney, Perth or Adelaide).
We’re searching for a special someone to join our small-but-mighty marketing team, helping our coffee obsessed, hospitality-steeped brand to use its active place at the forefront of the global specialty coffee movement for positive impact. If you’ve been sharpening your marketing skills over the past few years and are excited about the opportunity to flex them within an experienced business, this could be a great fit for you.
We’re an established company spread across the country, with a small marketing team currently wearing multiple hats. This full time role would see you taking on an exciting range of activities in the engine room of the Marketing department. You’d be helping craft the messaging and campaigns across every channel, assisting the release of fresh new coffees, as well as providing direct support to our passionate home coffee drinkers.
You’ll be working closely with the other members of our marketing team, our sales and account management (coffee obsessed!) pros and will be directly reporting to our Strategic Projects Manager (Snr Manager). While collaboration is key to achieving broader company goals, our day to day roles are carried out with a lot of autonomy.
What we need you to do:
- Manage the Five Senses social media, EDM publication and website content maintenance to ensure we’re on-brand and engaging with our audience.
- Report on the performance of these channels and provide insights for improvement.
- Provide general and admin support for all Marketing Department activities.
- Be the point person and much-loved resolver of domestic queries and issues.
What we need you to have:
- 2+ years experience in comparable marketing roles.
- Awareness and interest in food, wine, coffee and overall hospitality culture and trends.
- Experience with WordPress/WooCommerce or similar CMS/Ecom platforms.
- Experience with creating and publishing content across social media platforms.
- Experience with EDM automation platforms (DotDigital experience preferred).
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- A customer-centric approach.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously as needed.
- Great time management and organizational skills.
- A passion for creative, positive and effective communication.
Optional skills we value:
Non-essential but welcome!
- Bachelor of Marketing or equivalent qualifications.
- Photography, videography and editing skills.
- Familiarity with, and coding using, HTML.
- Great copywriting/Creative writing skills.
- Strong art direction/creative direction skills and communication – tell us your vision!
- Adobe Creative Suite skills (InDesign, Photoshop, Premier Pro) or similar platform.
- Experience in food, beverage (coffee experience amazing!), hospitality or associated industries would be ideal.
- A competitive salary.
- Flexible working conditions with a family friendly outlook.
- An opportunity to play a valued role and build skills in our established company.
- Open plan, warehouse office on the edge of the city (if based in Melbourne or Sydney).
- As much delicious specialty coffee as you can drink!
- A friendly and relaxed workplace.
Our Crew & Customers
A quick FYI on the folks you’d be working amongst… our crew and our customers.
Our awesome, widely spread, staff at Five Senses are both the beating heart and wielders of sharpened expertise that’s made us so successful. Many of our crew were there at ground zero when we were roasting out of a small tin shed, and a steady stream of them are celebrating their 10+ years in the biz. Our team bring a wide range of skills from electronics engineers, web developers, theatre majors and CPAs to jazz drummers, ex-teachers and globally recognized coffee professionals.
Our wholesale customers are made up of a diverse range of folk, spread across our wide brown land, building businesses in hospitality serving high quality, specialty coffee. While they’re hustling out there on the coal face, we’ve got their back on everything coffee and a highly refined level of quality assurance of their egg benedicts. They’re predominantly independent owner/operator venues who treat coffee as a core of their business, investing in quality equipment, preparation and service.